Brake vacuum servo

To: Alpine Discussion List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake vacuum servo
From: bmounce@impop.bellatlantic.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 07:13:02 -0400
Greetings from 30,000 ft.  I am on my way home after spending two days
working on the SV.  Had I know what a pleasure it is to put the dust
booties on the front calipers, i would have converted to front drum
brakes.  Anyhow, my uncle who is helping me asked if the vacuum servo is
needed.  Can I run without it?  What do I need to do to get this done.
He also suggested if overheating is a problem or concern, going to an
aluminum radiator, like he runs in his drag cars.  Anyone tried this?
If anyone digs this sort of racing, my uncle owns Sadler Racing, and his
'36 Chevy is shown on www.dragracingreview, click on COTW and look for
his name.  Real nice work, I'm trying to keep the orange flames off the
Alpine, though.  Bill