starter turning slow

To: Sunbeam <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: starter turning slow
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 19:11:39 -0400
Ok, I have a Series V Alpine which I have had for 12 years and the
starter has always turned slow and the starter solenoid gets hot.

It has been like this for all this time so I decided to change the starter
recently thinking that was the problem (I had changed the solenoid a couple
of years ago).

Well, the new starter still turns slow and the solenoid still gets as hot as
ever. Could this be a ground problem?  Any suggestions.  It really never has
bothered me too much but I probably should rectify the situation.

Thanks,

Steven Silverstein

BTW, Dick Burger owner of the British Parts Connection put my Series V on
his puzzle game on his Webster, it loads the MG automatically so you will
have to pull the menu down to get the Sunbeam up:

http://www.theBPC.com/graphics/fun.html

It is somewhat challenging.  If you need parts from Moss at a discount he's
a good source.