Re: Sunbeam Alpine 260

To: AlpineDriver@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Alpine 260
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 06:39:55 -0400 (EDT)
<< Check e-bay for my Sunbeam Alpine 260 brochure..... that should
confuse everyone!!! When is a Tiger not a Tiger? When it is an Alpine
260. >>
If I didn't know better I would guess that Ian is up to his tricks
again.
Rob Carpenter
--------------------------

      What a coincidence.  I was driving through my neighborhood last
evening when I passed a black Tiger headed in the opposite direction so
we both stopped to talk and check out each other's cars.  He pointed out
the Alpine 260 badge on the trunk lid .
    During the 20 minute impromptu Sunbeam Invasion the evening light
dwindled which brought a homeowner out of his house to call to us " Hey
you guys, it's getting dark,you better get those British cars home." An
obvious reference to the less than stellar reputation of British
electrical systems.

Rob Nanzig
67SV