Re: Alpines for Touring

To: "Barbara Blue" <the_blues@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Alpines for Touring
From: "David I. Rupp" <dirupp@netmdc.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:12:35 -0700
Bill,

    If you are serious about considering a change in engine to the Ford V-6
I have put together a manual of sorts based on the work that Joe Rodriquez
from Boeing has done on these cars.  I will be happy to send the manual to
you as an e-mail attachment in WP of Word format.

    The cost of this conversion can be substantial, but the end result when
done right is very satisfying.  200 horse power with a five speed tranny and
low rear end ratio makes for sixty's "grab bar" acceleration and high speed
highway cruising.  It also makes parts available for the purists.

    Speaking of parts I will soon (2 or 3 months) have a 1967 SV engine,
transmission, drive shaft and complete rear end available to any list
member. Contact me for more info and make me an offer.

David I. Rupp
Tularosa, NM