Re: Alpines for Touring

To: "Barbara Blue" <the_blues@worldnet.att.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alpines for Touring
From: "Chris Avery" <cavery@ctel.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 09:54:42 -0500
I have been reading the various emails on this site for quite some time. if
your drive train is remanufactured and brake components are all new.......
enjoy the ride. consider the following though.  recore the radiator and put
an electric cooling fan in place of the current one(they tend to self
destruct and over heating potential will be decreased) swap distributors for
electronic ignition or carry a spare set of points condenser and coil. the
over drive is a very good idea. check your fluids daily. and drive the
alpine with confidence. they are a simple car, easily diagnosed and
reliable.
drive some short trips first. if you have timing, spark, fuel, and
compression....
ENJOY THE RIDE!  lastly, a swap of the alternator to a modern internally
regulated one will probably be a good idea. anyone had any other problems?