Get Carter

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Get Carter
From: schristie@mail.usfli.com (Scott E. Christie)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:25:17 -0500
Did anybody see the 1971 film "Get Carter" last night on the Mystery
channel? The only reason I watched it was because I remembered seeing it
listed on TJ Higgin's site as a movie featuring Alpines. That's the ONLY
reason to watch it as it's a grim little film.
However, there's plenty of action shots of a beautiful white Series V,
including great shots of the dash with the scenery whipping by on both sides
(the camera man must have squeezed himself on to the parcel tray with his
camera!)
Unfortunately this new-looking Series V ends up getting pushed into the
harbor by a Land Rover!!
The film's producers probably looked at the Alpine as just another used car.
What a shame.
Why is that when the Alpine does get featured (which is rare) it always ends
up trashed? Anybody remember Butterfield 8?
Scott Christie