Re: (no subject)

To: <oaxacarob@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:15:07 -0700
Rob, in answer to your questions, this is all a matter of personal choice,
but I will add the pros and cons.
> About carbs: Webber conversion?
Is that the single downdraft 28/36 or 32/36? People who drive everyday swear
by them.($300-$400) new
Is it the dual DCOE setup? I swear by them! ($800-$1000 new)

> Wheels: My SV has wire wheels (in bad shape).  Convert to bolt ons and
> minilites? ($800-$1000 new)

I have 14" wires on my daily driver, though I prefer solid wheels. Less of a
pain in the butt. Spokes break, and need to be trued. If you start from
scratch, steel wheels are a permanant fix. But, wires are a real novelty,
and kids I work with are amazed at their removal and replacement. They do
look nice, better than a custom wheel. So the choice is yours.

> How about going to a 14" wheel (minilites) with lower profile tyres?

Better handling, selection, availability, and gas mileage, at the cost of
softer kidney punching