(no subject)

To: alpines@autox.team.net (alpines@autox.team.net)
Subject: (no subject)
From: oaxacarob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:44:39 EST
Hello!

I'm Rob Taylor

Although this is my first communication, I have been observing the exchange
on this list for a while - off & on.  I have a 66 SV that gets some
restoration from time to time.  This car was bought about 8 years ago as a
40th birthday present to myself. I'm a card carrying member of TE/AE. I
haven't been to many rallies - but that is going to change - I hope.

I have a couple of tired old questions that have probably been addressed a
thousand times.  I want this car to become more of a daily driver - so, with
that in mind - I was wondering if any one could answer the following - or
point me in the right direction to some archival stuff. I don't really care
about remaining "stock" -  but looking for performance and dependability.

About carbs: Webber conversion?

Wheels: My SV has wire wheels (in bad shape).  Convert to bolt ons and
minilites?

How about going to a 14" wheel (minilites) with lower profile tyres?

I've managed to save a bit of money to throw at it, so cost is not the
ultimate concern - although, as allways, a consideration nonetheless.  I plan
to keep the car.

Thanks in advance!!!

Rob T