Re: [1600 vs 1725 / Chevy Rods / Isky / Lifters]

To: Christopher Albers <Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu>
Subject: Re: [1600 vs 1725 / Chevy Rods / Isky / Lifters]
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 07:58:14 +1100
Isuzu used to build Hillman motors under licence.  Russ Maddock says the
Isuzu Bellett motor was so similar you could use Rootes gaskets in it.  -
Bellets were originally pushrod, but I think maybe Isuzu developed a twin
cam head.  Can't say how easy it would be to fit but presumably the
bores/combustion chambers and bolt holes all line up.....  Maybe Russ can
add some to this ...

Vic Hughes