Engine and gearbox conversion

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine and gearbox conversion
From: "Phillip Sprules" <sprules@icon.co.za>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:29:32 +0200
Hi All.....

To refresh you with my predicament :

- I have a Alpine SIV
- I have an ugly bump in my bonnet due to a non-standard carb which sticks
out to high
- I have (as told my various on the forum) a Hillman head and inflow
- I want to lose the ugly bump in my bonnet

My options are :

- Stick with the mess  I have
- Revert to a standard Alpine head, carb etc
- Drop something brand new in

Reverting to a standard setup would obviously be ideal, but this is proving
difficult in South Africa where parts are not existent. Anything found
overseas is proving very expensive......

My only other option would be to drop something else in, possibly something
more powerful. At the same time I could change the gearbox to 5-speed as
well.

Has anyone had experience doing this ?

Any input would be appreciated....

Regards