Re: OD Select

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OD Select
From: william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:52:59 -0700
Brent
     I don't pretend to know what is wrong with your overdrive, but the
adjustments are very easy to make.  The side cover plate comes off and
exposes the actuating lever.  The first thing to do is to make sure that
your solenoid is working.  With the car in 3rd or 4th gear, you can have
someone throw the column switch and make sure that your solenoid is moving
the lever.  The lever adjustments are real easy to make.  Just follow the
instructions in the manual.  I had the luxury of making the adjustments
while my unit was on the workbench.  I plan to install my rebuilt motor and
overdrive this weekend.
Bill Lewis