Re: [6pack] Clutch Set Recommendations

To: rmf3860 rmf3860 <bobfabie@gmail.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch Set Recommendations
From: Tom Walling <pdqtr6@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 19:53:42 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_272772_2106404430.1623974023043

The Roadster Factory has a complete kit for clutch replacements. It's not c=
heap, but who wants to keep doing a clutch job every 5,000 miles? It is cal=
led the "Magic Clutch Kit: and is part number RFK 1109. This is probably th=
e best solution for clutch replacement on the market. Good luck!

>     On 06/17/2021 5:45 PM rmf3860 rmf3860 <bobfabie@gmail.com> wrote:
>     =20
>     =20
>     Fellow Enthusiasts,
>     =20
>     I know this is an old topic, but products and user experiences change=
 over time, so in the midst of my engine/trans rebuild, I thought it best t=
o get the group=E2=80=99s current collective wisdom.=20
>     =20
>     My current set up (which I intend to replace) is a Luk disc, pressure=
 plate and RHP T/O bearing. The T/O bearing has left an indentation on the =
pressure plate fingers. There=E2=80=99s no more than 5,000 miles on the clu=
tch system.=20
>     =20
>     While idling with the clutch out, there was always a whine-which I be=
lieve was the TO bearing spinning against the pressure plate=E2=80=99s stra=
ight fingers. The initial clutch engagement was somewhat sudden, not smooth=
.=20
>     =20
>     What are your experiences and recommendations?
>     =20
>     Thanks.=20
>     Bob Fabie
>     Fredericksburg, VA
>=20
>     Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/pdqtr=
6@comcast.net
>=20
>=20

------=_Part_272772_2106404430.1623974023043

<!doctype html>
 <head>=20
 </head>
olor: #333333;">
ctory has a complete kit for clutch replacements. It's not cheap, but who w=
ants to keep doing a clutch job every 5,000 miles? It is called the "Magic =
Clutch Kit: and is part number RFK 1109. This is probably the best solution=
 for clutch replacement on the market. Good luck!</span>
    On 06/17/2021 5:45 PM rmf3860 rmf3860 &lt;bobfabie@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
    &nbsp;
    &nbsp;
    Fellow Enthusiasts,=20
     &nbsp;
     I know this is an old topic, but products and user experiences change =
over time, so in the midst of my engine/trans rebuild, I thought it best to=
 get the group=E2=80=99s current collective wisdom.&nbsp;
     &nbsp;
     My current set up (which I intend to replace) is a Luk disc, pressure =
plate and RHP T/O bearing. The T/O bearing has left an indentation on the p=
ressure plate fingers. There=E2=80=99s no more than 5,000 miles on the clut=
ch system.&nbsp;
     &nbsp;
     While idling with the clutch out, there was always a whine-which I bel=
ieve was the TO bearing spinning against the pressure plate=E2=80=99s strai=
ght fingers. The initial clutch engagement was somewhat sudden, not smooth.=
&nbsp;
     &nbsp;
     What are your experiences and recommendations?
     &nbsp;
     Thanks.&nbsp;
     Bob Fabie
     Fredericksburg, VA