Re: [6pack] successful roadtrip

To: Phil Beckman <pbeckman@ameritech.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] successful roadtrip
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:50:46 GMT
Phil---The engine should have seemed terribly underpowered if driven with a
dead cylinder. Maybe the plug wire was just loose, and not disconnected so far
as to where the spark wouldn't jump? That's why I suggested to deliberately
pull the wire and do a test drive, to see how this feels.

On the oil pressure...Worn bearings are the usual suspects when the (hot) oil
pressure drops. You might get away with just replacing all ten sets of them.
Check the journals for obvious scratches, as some of them could be small enough
to polish out, without having to grind the crank and rod journals.

Dick