[6pack] Timing and compression

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Timing and compression
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:43:26 -0700 (PDT)
Al,
&nbsp;
I found the Goodparts G-2 cam to be a little more radical than&nbsp;I
expected.&nbsp; It works fine but it is lumpier than expected&nbsp;at idle.
Most people who hear it at idle and know about these things&nbsp;ask if I "have
a cam" in the car so it is noticeable.&nbsp; I think I have between 9.5 and
10.0 to 1 compression ratio on my car and&nbsp;have to use premium. If I get a
dose of bad gas I can tell it from the pinging under light load.&nbsp; I took a
lot, I'm not sure but I think it may have been&nbsp;as much as .025&nbsp;(1/4
inch) off of the late model head I purchased for the experiment.&nbsp; From the
exhaust and&nbsp;the car runs great, especially with Rick Patton's TBI
setup.&nbsp;
&nbsp;
Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;