Re: [6pack] Sump bolts

To: <forzion@maine.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Sump bolts
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:25:20 -0400
Hello neighbor,

Dave it's pretty common for oil pans to be warped around the bolt holes from
over tightening. Before you put it back in place lay a straight edge across
the bolt hole and see if it is flat. It it's raised up around the hole the
gasket will be tight there but loose between holes. A couple of taps from a
small ball peen hammer is all that's needed to correct it. The very best
thing to seal oil pans with is "The Right Stuff" from Permatex. It's
expensive and comes in a cheese whiz type can. Wipe the surfaces with brake
cleaner or something like that as nothing will seal well against an oil
film. The Right Stuff is so good you can even leave out the gasket if you
wish.

I'm not sure about the bolt length. I'm guessing but suspect that the ones
that go into the soft front block may be short. Go real easy on those as the
bock strips very easily. There are also a couple of bolts into the front of
that block that tend to strip and leak too.

On the road again,

Rick
75 TR6sci
http://pattonmachine.com/