[6pack] Fwd: RE: TR6 door mirrors

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Fwd: RE: TR6 door mirrors
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:31:45 -0800
Stan and List---I promise that this is the last one that I'll initiate
on this subject. I did say a few days ago that I was pursuing the
challenge, and my recount of this will be brief.

I now have a convex mirror cut to size (2.320 diam) on the passenger
side. It took waaay too long (to modify a rectangular mirror to fit),
but it can be done. It looks good and works, umm, OK.
It is not "stuck on", but fits behind the circlip like the original.

Dick

Date: Sun, Jan 20, 2008, 12:49pm To: stan.foster@hp.com (Foster, Stan)
Subject: RE: [6pack] TR6 door mirrors

OK. Now you've done it. You've forced me to make a lathe set up with
some kind of mirror and circle cut/scribe it with some carbide device!
I'll let you know if I'm successful. (I am currently using the stick-on
with the original mirror blacked out, so as not to look like what it is!
Dick
E-mail message

From: stan.foster@hp.com(Foster, Stan)
Hi Dick,
I and others have tried to get convex mirrors cut to size with zero
success. The glass shops just break mirror after mirror in the attempt
and then give up....
Stan