Re: [6pack] Hemmings email - non LBC

To: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Hemmings email - non LBC
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 23:33:38 -0000
Steve Bridge wrote:
> John,  Do you know what the difference is between  the  "Regular" and
> "Premium" Diesel fuel in Spain?

Sorry Steve, but I don't. In fact I didn't even know they sold two grades - but
could it be regular
and bio-diesel? Certainly throughtout Western Europe there are two grades of
unleaded - normal and
super - but don't be misled by the seemingly higher octane values. In Europe,
we use what is called
the Research Method (ROM grade) while in the States you use another. Although I
*think* the fuel
quality is the same, I've heard it said here by those who know about octane
measuring standards,
that our 95 octane equates to your 91.

Jonmac