Re: [6pack] wiper switch

To: palavagedrew@hotmail.com (Drew Palavage)
Subject: Re: [6pack] wiper switch
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:47:20 -0800
 Drew---The major suppliers of TR parts don't stock this later switch.
Going to the earlier rocker type would mean carving up part of the dash.
I've seen some that have left the original switch in, as a "dummy". (I
assume the washer part still works as designed) A toggle switch was used
under the dash for the wiper operation.

My own wiper switch keyed shaft has also been repaired, so I know what
you're talking about. Fortunately, we don't need the wipers much in So.
Cal.

Dick

palavagedrew@hotmail.com(Drew Palavage)

I know this is probably an in demand item..but here goes anyway. Does
anyone have a wiper switch for a "76 TR6. My switch works, but sometime
ago the "stalk" that the knob fits onto cracked. I "repaired" it enough
that it works okay. I now want to remove my dash to refinish it. I will
not be able to do it w/o breaking the stalk again. I'm told that the
replacement switch that's available out there is no good. Thanks