Re: [6pack] TR6 exhaust

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 exhaust
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 12:28:00 -0700
>===== Original Message From "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com> =====
>[resending, this time below 3k limit]
>
>> I just had a local exhaust shop fab up the connectors from the header to
the
>intermediate pipes.
>
>So is there an end to end solution that matches my desirable characteristics
>(performance header, good flow, good sound, not too loud, stainless, under
>$1000 ) that doesn't require the fabrication of custom parts ?
>
>Stan

One of the Rimmer kits would have all of that. Their price converter showed
about $740 before shipping. The header included in that kit might be a slight
improvement over the stock manifold.

TRF has a system with a more substantial header that lists for $1100 without
shipping (RFK1405). It appears that a "fitting kit" with clamps and hangers is
separate though.

Both are made in stainless.

Things get a lot louder with a header though. Especially if you have increased
the engines compression and are running a high lift cam. If you have only done
a mild performance rebuild in the engine then the stock dual exhaust manifold
and the simple twin sports system would be my recommendation. It would still
flow well, sound good, look good (IMHO) and the addition of a header probably
wouldn't make bit of performance difference.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)
http://www.triumphowners.com/690  (1978 TR8)