Re: [6pack] Spin-On Adapter

To: "im sloane" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>, <lfm614@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Spin-On Adapter
From: "Stuart Thompson" <stuartt@tlthompson.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:30:30 -0600
That's okay, I've done many ignorant things in my time when it comes to old
cars, motorcycles, boats, etc...

It's supposed to be 73 * in Dallas today. I'll drive up to my friends garage
(he has a lift) and will replace the seal myself.

Thanks to this list I now know something very important that I should have
known before now. It's always the simple things!

Stuart

  Hey! That's a great tip. Just remove the oil filter seal and it'll stop
leaking!! (haha)

  I'm just picking on you Stuart. You have been lucky. That bugger is
difficult to get out. I can't imagine letting an oil change place change the
oil in my Six, but I'm anal about it. I let it drain for a week.

  If anybody has a handy tip for getting that seal out, the list could
probably use it. I use two small screwdrivers in one hand with a squeeze
technique I'm not sure I could describe. :)