Re: [6pack] Shimmy at 50mph

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Shimmy at 50mph
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:17:26 +0000
Hi Dick,
Thanks for your thoughts. The fronts were not pulled, as only the rears were
done this time. Fronts were OK. My whole front end will get a once-over maybe
next year. From all the comments, I've realized that this does appear to be a
'body shake' not really coming from the front/steering wheel.

I'm Sloane :)
69-Six> im----If you're looking for a quick, cheap fix. check to see if the>
(front) wheel bearings were left loose. Some mechanics don't get them as> snug
as they should be. When something's out of balance, the wobble is> usually
predictable at certain speeds. The on-again, off-again leads me> to believe
it's something that the driver can influence, like steering> position. It's
possible that these wheel bearings weren't disturbed when> doing the brake
job, but worth a look, anyhow.> > Dick>