Re: [6pack] Overdrive relay

To: forzion@maine.rr.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Overdrive relay
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 03:19:38 +0000
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Irv;

Thanks. I certainly realize the '74 didn't originally come with an A-type OD
but I figured the position of the OD relay hadn't changed. The switches from
the OD itself have wires whose lengths seem to indicate a position somewhere
under the dash.  When  you say "What I did was to locate a 3rd relay with the
other 2 that were already there" it sounds like you're speaking of the sidewall
next to the fusebox...?

Exactly. The earlier cars had 2 relays with the overdrive relay. The later
cars, even without overdrive, still had 2 relays there, one of which is the
starter relay that the earlier cars didn't have. I just added a 3rd, and wired
in the overdrive.
Irv Korey