[6pack] Re: Overdrive Relay

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Re: Overdrive Relay
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 23:11:32 -0400
Irv;

Thanks. I certainly realize the '74 didn't originally come with an
A-type OD
but I figured the position of the OD relay hadn't changed. The switches
from
the OD itself have wires whose lengths seem to indicate a position
somewhere
under the dash.  When  you say "What I did was to locate a 3rd relay
with the
other 2 that were already there," where's "there"??  it sounds like you're
speaking of the sidewall next to the fusebox...? Your stock wires
reached that far?

Anyone else with an OD who could offer some insight for the location of
their
relay?

Many thanks!

Dave

From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>

 > Hey list;
 >
 > I am in the process of rewiring my Six and cannot locate the old
 > overdrive relay.
 > I therefore bought a new one and would simply like to know where is the
 > stock
 > mounting position for the overdrive relay (A-type OD in a '74 !! --
 > thank you, DPO) ?

Since the 74 came with a J-type, there is no stock position for the
overdrive relay
when using the A-type. What I did was to locate a 3rd relay with the
other 2 that
were already there, using the mounting bolt/nut for one of the original
relays to hold
2 relays in place. Sorry, I don't have a picture.

HTH,

Irv Korey

74 TR6 CF22767U

Highland Park, IL