K&N for SU HS6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: K&N for SU HS6
From: dmo <osternd@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:16:02 -0500
Wondering if someone might be able to help out with my HS6 conversion on
my TR6.  I'm swapping over from ZS to SU HS6 carbs and trying to find
the correct K&N filter part number.  I believe the carbs are from a
Triumph 2500 (S or TC?)  and have three threaded holes for mounting the
filters.  The part number for this setup is listed as 56-9096, but an
email from K&N states these will not work for my application (no
explanation as to why).  The part they recommended was 56-9327 which is
a conical filter.  I thought I should be able to use a cylindrical
filter as the SUs seem to be the same depth as the ZS carbs and should
be able to clear the fenders.  The other suggestion for the HS6 is the
56-1400, but looks to only have two holes for mounting.

I've searched the archives with no success.  Has anyone done this
conversion and have the K&N number?

TIA

Dale O
'76TR6