Re: AE Pistons

To: johncnorth@gmail.com (John North)
Subject: Re: AE Pistons
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:48:19 -0800
John---Cast pistons, such as the AE, can break when they encounter the
shock of detonation. (Two flame fronts meeting before the piston is at
TDC) Stay away from this type of detonation and these pistons can do the
job at the CR you are going to use.

The TR6 motor is said to come with factory specs of 7.5:1 up to 8.5:1. I
didn't think one had the choice of purchasing (stock) pistons that could
alter the CR.

Dick

From:
johncnorth@gmail.com(John North)

Anyone know anything about AE pistons?
I have seen several places selling AE pistons.   TRF sells these, I
believe and I also see them at Advanced performance Technology and on
eBay.   Rimmers sells AE Hepolites, not sure if these are the same.
Some places give a CR for example, 7.7-1 or 8.5-1.   Not sure what
this indicates...   Are they adequate only for up to these CRs or does
this indicate the usual application and I could expect them to be
adequate for higher CRs?   I am putting together and engine and
shooting for 9.5-1.
Any help appreciated.
John North