1971 TR6 w/hardtop project for sale (possible repost - sorry)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: 1971 TR6 w/hardtop project for sale (possible repost - sorry)
From: "John Armstrong" <siberian@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:38:30 -0800
Well everyone, that time has come. My wife has lost patience with the never
ending project so in the interest of marital bliss my poor 1971 TR6 needs a
new home. I am in the SF Bay area (Half Moon Bay, about 45 minutes south of
San Francisco)

Vital Stats:
1971 Triumph TR6
Commission Number : CC56816
Chassis/VIN Number : 56890CC
Engine Number : CF23007UE
Exterior Color : Jasmine Yellow
Interior Color : New Beige
Hardtop: Yes
Current State : Partially disassembled

Blog: http://www.siberian.org/category/1971-triumph-tr6/
Photolog: http://www.siberian.org/pictures/main.php?g2_itemId=137

Tons of photos in the photolog that show a lot of relevant and interesting
areas.

thats why I bought her for the high price of $4,000 about 2 years ago. I
think I overpaid but not to much. Currently the interior is in boxes in my
garage but nothing mechanical has been done as it has all been body work
exploration. I have tried very hard not to go to deep into anything I could
not finish.

My next step was going to be pulling the tub for media blasting and storage
so I could work on the frame.

When I bought her she had been stored in a storage unit for a few years and
prior to that she was supposedly a 'little old lady' car but who knows. Not
a lot of DPO going on here, it was VERY original when I got it. I also have
the certificate of manufacturer that I ordered from the UK if you'd want to
see a scan of it.

Haven't started her in about a year but I think she'd fire up pretty
quickly. To drive her we'd need to bolt the seats back in and top off the
fluids and sacrifice a goat to the Lucas gods but I really recommend a
trailer since she's been sitting for a full year with no love. The tires
alone make me queasy.

Issues I know about:
Diff mounts need to be fixed (of course)
Needs a new hood unless your a master
Front valance probably needs to be replaced
Floorpans are solid but rusty, I planned to replace them
Some minor backdeck rust that is easily repaired
Some small localized holes where the drain drops onto the rockers. Easily
repaired
Some surface rust on rear wings that I was able to grind out already
Front passenger wing probably needs replacing.

At some point this car looks like it hit something, the owner said that the
previous owner had let it roll into the side of a building, resulting in the
hood and valance damage but who really knows with these things.

Make me an offer, my wife really wants this to go away soon. I am very
disappointed, I truly feel that this is a fabulous project car but life
happens! Drop me a line with any questions or if you want different photos
to understand something about the car in more detail.

I'll be back though, as soon as we move and I get a 3 car garage!! It all
would have come out different if I would chosen to spend my time on the TR6
over the new kitchen. Cie La Vie!

John-