Re: Goodpart Cams - Anyone Using One?

To: mpisani099@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Goodpart Cams - Anyone Using One?
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:29:02 EST
I have a GP2 cam in my car and quite happy with it. This is my second  Good
Parts Cam.
Why a second cam? The first one was reground and I used the same lifters.
The cam lobes rounded out in about 10,000 miles. I was then told by several
people that reground cams do not have near the life expectancy of a new cam.
Secondly, always replace the lifters when installing a replacement (new or
reground) cam.

The GP2 cam provides extra power and does not give a lumpy idle. Of course  I
went the extra distance and shaved the head to increase compression, put in
new higher performance valves and shortened the pushrods to compensate for
shaved head.

Others may have different opinions but I have been very satisfied with GP
products. I have talked with Richard on several occasions and his advise has
always been sound. I have NFI and have only met the man once. Just a satisfied
customer with a nicely performing car.

Stuart Beatty
Belleville Ontario.