Clutch Question Follow Up

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Question Follow Up
From: aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:57:05 -0500
 A few days ago I had questioned what the full range of motion should be on the
slave cylinder push rod. Thanks for all of the comments. I wanted to clarify
that the fork is not broken, as it was replaced when everything else was
replaced. It is really a completely new system. I was beginning to think I had
installed the fork and bearing incorrectly, because I couldn't get more that
7/16 movement out of the pushrod and there was always extra rearward movement
left on the lever. So, as a test, I put a spacer (the old slave cylinder
piston, with the end knob cut off) in front of the piston. This took up all of
the slack, allowing no rearward motion of the lever. Then, when my son pressed
the pedal, I measured the movement again. Still only 7/16. So now I'm thinking
this is all I'm going to get out of this master/slave combination.

Does this sound right? I read somewhere you need at least 5/8. I'm 3/16 short.
Does anyone know what the pushrod movement distance should be with a full
stroke of the master? It could be calculated, if the volumes and master
cylinder stroke were known.
AOL Mail and more.