Re: Empty Clutch Master Cylinder

To: James Jerrel <jmjerrel@email.dnet.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Empty Clutch Master Cylinder
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:55:32 -0800 (PST)
James,

You also have a slave cylinder in the system.  It is
possible that it leaked out of the slave.  I suppose
you could fill the master cylinder back up, bleed the
system & check for leaks.  Might take a while though?
It still could've leaked out of the clutch MC or there
is the possibility of the red plastic flexible hose
between the MC & slave.

Get yourself rebuild kits for both the MC & Slave &
get a new flexible hose.  I suspect all these
components are OLD & it wouldn't hurt to replace the
seals.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO

--- James Jerrel <jmjerrel@email.dnet.net> wrote:

> Hello.  The other day I went to drive my 1970 TR6
> and found it very diffcult to shift.  It did not
> want to go into gear without a lot of effort and in
> reverse it would grind.  This has never happened
> before as it has always shifted with ease.  I
> eventually opened the clutch master cylinder and it
> was empty!  This also has never happened before.  I
> did not see any fluid around the master cylinder or
> on the inside of the engine bay.  There were some
> fluid leaks on the mats I have under the car but I
> just assumed it was oil as my car has always leaked
> oil here and there.  Now I am wondering if this was
> the fluid in the master cylinder???  Can anyone give
> me an idea as to what may have occurred and where
> the fluid from the clutch MC may have leaked out
> from?  Thanks.

> Sent via the WebMail system at email.dnet.net
>
> Your messages not reaching the list?

Check out the New Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things
done faster.