Elongated Urethane bushings, follow up

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Elongated Urethane bushings, follow up
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:49:58 -0500
 Some of you may remember that I was having problems with some urethane
Trailing arm bushings elongating. I had installed new ones in Decamber of last
year at 26,172 miles and recently checked the play in the bushings because I
thought  the rear end wasn't feeling quite right. So upon inspection the inner
most bushing has elongated again after only 2,305 miles. Rubber would have
been better than just allowing the pivot point to move w/o any resistence. The
outer bushing is ok. I've posted a picture on the TR owners link if anyone is
interested. Look under the rear coil over shocks section of pictuers.
Unfortunately the picture isn't that large, if you want to see a larger
picture just ask.
 One side now has nylatron bushings, just need to back the car out and do the
other side. Note-when installing the nylatron bushings with Good's adjustable
TA brackets 1/2" longer bolts are needed, the ones in the kit are too short.

 The are pictures from the Nashville British car club show in Franklin for
this past weekend too

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @