RE: Carbs

To: "Zimmerman, John" <john.zimmerman@dpg.com>
Subject: RE: Carbs
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:37:30 -0700
        John:

        NFI for any of these places, by the way.

        You can get a used run on valve from www.britishautoworks.com.
For spacers, you can see if BAW has any, but probably not as they are a
Moss distributor and a breaker, so if Moss is out, they probably will be
too. But you can ask.
        Other sources: Rimmer Brothers (www.rimmerbros.co.uk) or Burlen
Fuel systems (still making SUs and ZS carbs!!) (www.burlen.co.uk). Takes
2 weeks from the UK, and no duty on orders under $200. Shipping for
orders under a pound is very comparable to cross country with UPS, so it
is not a bad way to go for small orders.
        In the US, your best bet will be Joe Curto (www.joecurto.com).
My only gripe with him is no on line ordering, you must call and do it
the old fashioned way. But he stocks everything for SU and ZS carbs, and
he is the place to go for rebuilding and expertise. I had him forget to
ship my order once. I called him and asked about it, and he made it
right immediately, but he is pretty much a one man shop and gets behind
at times. Patience is a virtue with Joe, but his heart is in the right
place.

        Vance