Fuel Pump Screen Missing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump Screen Missing
From: "scottpaisley" <scottpaisley@smartneighborhood.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:28:18 -0700
The fuel pump was leaking at the diaphram seal, so I decided to buy a
rebuild kit. Upon opening the the top of the pump, there was a plastic
"thing" that looked a little melted. It was deformed for sure. I think
this was either an after market screen or something that was put in
place as an after market part. But there's no filter screen that I can
find!

I'm tempted to put the pump on without the screen for the moment and
order a new pump in the mean time. Do the after market pumps even have a
screen? I have a filter on before the pump, so I should be good for a
little while...

What are your thoughts? SHould I try to find a dead pump and steal the
screen? Just order a new pump and be done with it?

Thanks!!!

-Scotty
'74 TR6