R: Aluminum Rear Drum Install

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: R: Aluminum Rear Drum Install
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:54:27 -0700
Jim---Sometimes the "high spot" can be uncovered by painting (white
chalk)?  either the shoes or the drum itself. Rassemble, turn the wheel
enough to cause a transfer. Disassembly should show the area that's
dragging.

Dick

From:
trguy@cfl.rr.com(James Henningsen)

Ok folks:
I am getting the car ready for the annual pilgrimage to TRF summer
party. I know its early but with my schedule I need to start early. I am
installing a new set of rear aluminum finned drums from TRF. These are
the Made in Italy version and were new but on the shelf for about 10
years.   After mounting them and backing off the brake shoes with the
adjuster I am still have problems getting them to turn freely. They have
a good deal of resistance when trying to spin them. The shoe adjuster is
completely backed off. I have tried adjusting the shoes up and down
slightly but to no effect. When I put the stock drums on - spins
perfectly. I am assuming that this version is the ones that don't need
to be machined down to fit and are a stock fit. Anyone have any ideas on
what I am missing? TRF customer service has gone home for the day and I
am a bit eager to get these working after spending more than a few hours
trying to adjust.
Thanks in advance,
Jim Henningsen
Maitland FL