RE: I love my Triumph but... Summary so far..

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: I love my Triumph but... Summary so far..
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 17:35:48 -0400
Here's what I've gotten so far.  Some surprises, some expected.

2       Alfa Spider     make mine a boat tail
1       Alvis                   an elegant car
1       Bentley Mulsanne

I've reached an age where comfort is far more important than wind in the
hair, but with such a Bentley I can have sumptuous comfort AND massive
performance in a level of quiet that it's really quite creepy. What else can
I buy that seats four in comfort, looks like the inside of a Gentleman's
London Club, weighs the better part of 3 tons, accelerates to 60mph in about
8 seconds and totally owns the road because of its size.

2       Big Healey              me too
2       BMW 2002                square, but good
1       BMW 635         not quite vintage, but I like these too
4       Bugeye Sprite   on my short list
1       52 Chevy truck  everyone needs a hauler
1       Citroen         it takes all kinds I guess
1       Cobra replica
1       Corvair
1       Corvette                early Coke bottle cars maybe the only ones
<25
2       Datsun 240Z             Ok, Ok, I admit to liking these too
1       Datsun 510              they are all race cars now
1       Ford '65 Mustang
1       Griffin                 got to look that one up Dick
2       Jaguar E-type
1       Jaguar MkII             cool & no leaky roof
1       Jaguar XK 150FHC
1       Karmann Ghia    nice looking cars
1       Lotus Cortina
2       Lotus Ilan              luckily I haven't driven one or I'd want one
1       Lotus Esprit    can be had well under 25k
1       Mercedes 230SL  another one that ages gracefully
1       Mercury Cougar  I want one too Harold, but the first year was
                                '67 not '66.  Make mine a white over red
4       Mini                    a mandatory entry in all our lists in my
book
3       Morgan Plus4    Like it
1       Nash Healey
2       Porsche 356C    get them before they are out of sight
2       Porsche 911             just got one, and like it
2       Porsche 914             these are growing on me. I know of one with
an
                                LS400 engine in it.  Can you say fast?
4       TR250/TR5               My Six better be nice because one day...
1       Triumph 2000/2500 understated performance
1       Triumph GT6             bake your own cookies
1       Triumph Mayflower       poor man's Rolls
2       Triumph Stag    who doesn't need another Triumph
3       Triumph TR3             me too
1       Triumph TR4
2       Triumph TR7 Spyder      for the man who has almost everything
2       Triumph TR8             "drunk with power" according to Lanky
2       TVR 2500/3000   like that one too
1       VW 412          uh-huh

Ashford Little

70 TR6

Oh, and I want a mid-60s Ford Fairlane wagon to drive cross country, and a
couple of 55 gallon drums to top off the gas periodically.