RE: I love my Triumph but... Summary so far..

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: I love my Triumph but... Summary so far..
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 16:03:28 -0400
Here's what I've gotten so far.  Some surprises, some expected.

2

Alfa Spider

make mine a boat tail

1

Alvis

elegant car

1

Bentley Mulsanne

I've reached an age where comfort is far more important than wind in the
hair, but with such a Bentley I can have sumptuous comfort AND massive
performance in a level of quiet that it's really quite creepy. What else can
I buy that seats four in comfort, looks like the inside of a Gentleman's
London Club, weighs the better part of 3 tons, accelerates to 60mph in about

8 seconds and totally owns the road because of its size.

2

Big Healey

me too

2

BMW 2002

square, but good

1

BMW 635

not quite vintage, but I like these too

4

Bugeye Sprite

on my short list

1

Chevy truck

everyone needs a hauler

1

Citroen

it takes all kinds I guess

1

Cobra replica

1

Corvair

ditto

1

Corvette

early Coke bottle cars maybe the only ones <25

2

Datsun 240Z

Ok, Ok, I admit to liking these too

1

Datsun 510

they are all race cars now

1

Ford '65 Mustang

1

Griffin

got to look that one up Dick

2

Jaguar E-type

1

Jaguar MkII

cool & no leaky roof

1

Jaguar XK 150FHC

1

Karmann Ghia

nice looking cars

1

Lotus Cortina

2

Lotus Ilan

luckily I haven't driven one or I'd want one

1

Lotus Esprit

can be had well under 25k

1

Mercedes 230SL

another one that ages gracefully

1

Mercury Cougar

I want one too Harold, but the first year was

'67 not '66.  Make mine a white over red

4

Mini

a mandatory entry in all our lists in my book

3

Morgan Plus4

Like it

1

Nash Healey

2

Porsche 356C

get them before they are out of sight

2

Porsche 911

just got one, and like it

2

Porsche 914

these are growing on me. I know of one with an

LS400 engine in it.  Can you say fast?

4

TR250/TR5

My Six better be nice because one day...

1

Triumph 2000/2500 sedan

understated performance

1

Triumph GT6

bake your own cookies

1

Triumph Mayflower

poor man's Rolls

2

Triumph Stag

who doesn't need another Triumph

3

Triumph TR3

me too

1

Triumph TR4

2

Triumph TR7 Spyder

for the man who has almost everything

2

Triumph TR8

"drunk with power" according to Lanky

2

TVR 2500/3000

like that one too

1

VW 412

uh-huh

Ashford Little

70 TR6

Oh, and I want a mid-60s Ford Fairlane wagon to drive cross country, and a
couple of 55 gallon drums to top off the gas periodically.