Re: 205/70-15 vs. 215/70-15

To: peketzu@verizon.net, paradigm_inc@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: 205/70-15 vs. 215/70-15
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:13:11 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/2006 8:10:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
peketzu@verizon.net writes:

All I  know is the 6.0-inch Revolutions I bought were dimensioned
specifically for  the TR6 yet I indeed have wing rubbing ONLY when reversing
with the wheels  at full lock.  Perhaps my urethane suspension bushings have
collapsed  some and that makes for a tighter fit in the wing well.  This is
not a  big issue for me however.

reading my own post, I'd say "no way on earth" sounds a bit  pompous is
overstated - I suppose there are plenty of reasons the tires  would rub the
fenders
- lowering the car would be another one for instance, but  I'd still say the
tire width alone wouldn't be one of them - and I know some  folks running
215/70s on stock size steel and others with wire wheels that  haven't had a bit
of
tire contact with their fenders -  I wonder if the 6  in revolutions were
made with the same off set as stock 5.5in wheels? this would  move the outer
edge
of the wheel farther outboard - I think American Racing knew  what they were
doing years ago when they made my 15 x 6 wheels with a different  offset that
keeps the outer edge of the wheel in the same place relative to the  fenders.

Cheers
Jack Mc