Re: 205/70-15 vs. 215/70-15

To: paradigm_inc@comcast.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 205/70-15 vs. 215/70-15
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 16:25:38 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/2006 10:45:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
paradigm_inc@comcast.net writes:

Not to  beat a dead horse but I'd like to get opinions from those in the group
who  actually run either of the above tires on their TRs. The 215/70,  even
though a little wider, is actually closer in size to the original than  the
205/70.

I plan to mount them on 15 x 5.5 Minilites. I don't  believe there will be any
clearance issues, but I want to make sure before  I buy.

a couple of things to consider:
Is the off set of a 15 x 5.5 inch Minilite the same as a 5.5 inch stock
steel wheel?
the size that you are looking at for a 215/70 is at the "measured rim  width"
- definitely not on a 5.5 inch wheel.

I have previously run 215/65s on 6 inch wheels and had no issues at all - I
am about to put 215/70s on another set of 15 x 6 wheels - based on careful
calculations and comparison with the stock wheels and tires I currently have on

the car, I expect them to touch the sway bar at full lock - I'll let ya know
how  it works out.

Cheers
Jack Mc