Stromberg Float Valve

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stromberg Float Valve
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 13:40:38 -0700
The parts catalog  shows  a  screw in  float chamber  plug for  1970
TR6s (which we have), but Moss only lists the  plastic brass ...
which was in my  float chamber.  Can I  assume that the screw in plug
is  made of UnObtainium??   The  plastic brass plugs  seem  to  work,
or at least one of them did until  the other  started  leaking  ...
O-ring  seemed  good,  but I have  ordered new ones anyway.
Is there  a big  "Gotcha"  in our future?  The float  chamber body IS
threaded ... ahh worry, worry,worry  ...

Any Help appreciated.

PS  for  all  the response to  CCW Lean and CW  Rich  ...  thanks
very much  ...  it was a big  help until  the  plug  started leaking
... X;{
--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L