RE: J type O/D speedo cable routing

To: <DaCRANEz@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: J type O/D speedo cable routing
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 13:23:51 -0700
        Mike:

        The cable needs to attach to the angle drive such that the cable
is pointed forward and slightly upward from the angle drive. The cable
then runs along the passenger side of the top cover, and then crosses
over to the driver side on the top of the tranny where the bell housing
meets the transmission.
        From there it passes forward between the transmission and the
tunnel and enters the engine compartment on the drivers side of the bell
housing, and loops up through the grommet on the inner fender, then up
and over back to the firewall and through the grommet in the firewall to
the speedo. It is just the right length if you route it in this manner.

        Vance