RE: Brake hose and fluid questions

To: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>,
Subject: RE: Brake hose and fluid questions
From: "John Korsak" <jkorsak@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:22:08 -0500
John,

Regarding the removal of the old brake fluid on a change over to Dot5, I did
this 1 1/2 yrs ago and I still have some residue show up in my brake
reservoir.  I completely rebuilt the front calipers, back wheel cylinders,
and master cylinder.  I also replaced the front rubber lines.  I tried to
flush the lines using Dot5, but obviously did not get it all.  On the other
hand, I have not seen any negative effect of the residue and I feel much
better about the benefits of using Dot5.
I use my 74 a lot as a street driver and take long trips with confidence.

John Korsak