Re: Gauge Rebuild

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gauge Rebuild
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:47:42 -0700
 Mike---It's not too late to check the gauge, even with it out from
behind the dash. It's very possible that the bouncing you see is the
result of a dry or worn thru speedo cable sheaf. Try first pulling out
the inner cable and greasing it. Then reconnect it to the speedo unit
with the cable as straight as possible and try it with a rear wheel off
the ground.  If you find it to still bounce and the cable looks good,
write back. I've recently had my speedo unit recalibrated at a shop here
is So. Cal. and I'll look up the address.
($125 or the o'haul, $60 to recalibrate for the 5 speed)

Dick
From: mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com
Rebuild
My speedometer has reached the point where I have to average the
bouncing of my speedometer (or interpolate from my tach) to get an idea
of how fast I'm going. I finally yanked it out and am ready to send it
off for a rebuild. What says the list about where I should send it to
get ir rebuilt and what is a ballpark figure on the cost? TIA.
    Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6