Inner Ball Joint

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Inner Ball Joint
From: "Robert Breazeale" <RobertBreazeale@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:38:21 -0700
I'm in the middle of a front suspension rebuild on my TR-250.  I'm only
doing one side at a time, and am currently working on the passenger side.
I've torn everything down and cleaned all the bits and pieces.  I'm now
starting to put everything back together.

I have a question on how tight to tighten the "housing" around the inner pin
ball (the one inside the steering boot) against the sleeve and locknut on
the steering rack.  This is the place where the funky little tab washer
sits.

I can't seem to find reference to how tight to tighten this in Bently or
Haynes.  Is it just tight enough so the pin ball arm can still rotate? Or is
there a torque setting?  Also should the tab washer be fitting tight?

Many thanks in advance for any and all advice.

For diagram see:
    http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=32787

Regards, - Robert -

'68 TR250 CD1553L