Re: throttle linkage bushings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: throttle linkage bushings
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:43:29 -0700
Michael---It's easier to remove the throttle shaft when
removing/replacing these two bushings. There are different methods to
install them, none particularly easy. (The scotch and motor removal
doesn't sound too bad).  I have used the split-the- bushing method. By
taking about a 1/8 inch thick diagonal slice out of half the bushing,
there is room to squeeze it into the opening. When the throtttle rod
goes back in, the slice can be hidden (if that's important) and this
doesn't apparantly shorten the life of the altered bushings. Other
methods have also been used successfully. Two piece bronze (Buckeye TR?)
bushings, needle bearings (I have
these) to name a couple.

Dick

From: SamuelsMA@aol.com Date: Sun, 6pack@autox.team.net Subject:
throttle linkage bushings
Listers:
I have ordered 2 new throttle linkage bushings for my '76. These are the
bushings that fit into the tub of the car and isolate the horizontal
throttle linkage bar from the body. My Haynes manual has a procedure for
assembly/disassembly of the throttle linkage, but no comment on whether
these replacement of these bushings requires doing that. I suspect it
does. Is that correct?
Thanks.
Michael
'76 Tahiti Blue