Alum Flywheel - honing in on a source

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Alum Flywheel - honing in on a source
From: S Mann <quicksilver_rising@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:51:05 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,

  Fidanza #172661 is shown for TR6 71-75.  Mine is a 76. I called Fidanza.
They tell me that they don't know.  They get their info from users in the
field.  Swell.  They suggested trying Moss Motors.

  Buckeye Triumphs pg 25, shows the same Fidanza number but they don't mention
any years specifically.

  I called Victoria British, the are a Fidanza distributor (AND TEN MINUTES
FROM MY HOUSE).  Their catalog shows Part 17-192 Flywheel to cover 70-76.  An
extra year in both directions.  I called them.  Yes, VB sells Fidanza.  No,
they don't know the Fidanza part#  (or won't tell me) and was vague on whether
it was 172661 when I pressed the issue.  I asked them how I could justify
another $200 over ordering online elsewhere.  They kindly suggested that I
order online elsewhere.  Swell again.

  Moss part # 460-676 similar to VB fits the year but provides little info and
it too is pricey.

  Pro Street shows it and ships for free BUT is it going to fit?

  Anyone out there know?

  I was justifying this at $520 from Vicky Brit, at $341 it's a slam dunk.  Man
I wish VB was a little more agreeable, even slightly, I'd buy it here for the
convenience.

  Scott

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengers low  PC-to-Phone call rates.