End Gap for new rings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: End Gap for new rings
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:22:06 -0700 (PDT)
I have reached the point where I need to prepare the piston rings for the .020
overbore for my block and new pistons.  If I recall correctly the rule of thumb
is .004 to .005 per inch or roughly .012 to .015 for the nearly 3 inch bore in
my block (the motor not my head).  Before I do anything I will be sorry about
are these figures correct?  I'm just looking for a "fast street" (whatever that
is) rebuild so this is not going to be used for race applications though I may
use it for an occassional autocross.

   I am having the little ends of the rods resized for the new bushings and
wrist pins and the big ends of the rods checked/resized for the .010 I had
removed from the rod and main journals on the crank.  I am also having the big
and little ends of the rods balanced  after I ground off a bunch of extra
metal.  I am using those triple plated King engine bearings I got from Kai for
the bearings.  Am I missing anything here?  TIA.

  Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6 TBI with bad #1 rod bearing/crank throw.

starting at 1&cent;/min.