looking for su expert

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: looking for su expert
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:50:15 -0400
I have two sets of HS 6 waxstat carbs.

in One set of HS 6 waxstat carbs  the brass butterfly is marked 21.5.

The second set has a shorter neck on the domes; and the butterflies are marked
20.5.

The openings seem to be the same ( rough measurement with tape measure).

The lower chambers look the same.

I probably know the answer to this question already, but I've got to ask it.

If these are basically the same carb; but with neck on one being shorter;
could the short one be used with two of the taller ones on a triple set up.

5/8 inch neck vs 1 inch neck on the domes.

I don't know the significance of the taller  or shorter neck.  Unless the
short neck means its not an HS 6.

thanks

Al Salvatore