RE: tire size

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tire size
From: "im sloane" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 01:46:28 +0000
I'm running 215/70/15's on my 69. I get pretty bad fender rub when backing
up and turning hard to either side. I've got a pretty loose suspension,
never rebuilt, so I assume that's mostly why. The 215's also stick out from
the rear quarter panels just a bit. Rubber debris get's on the part below
the rear bumper on a long trip. I'm not taking them off the car, but I'll
probably drop back a size next time.

By the way, these are Walmart special Goodyear Viva2's, and I think they
look pretty good on the car. I'm no performance tire expert, but they sure
out handle the Michelin Redlines I ran for 17 years. I miss the look, but
not the squeal.

Sloane :)
69-Six