TR6 uptime (summary of responses)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 uptime (summary of responses)
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 11:34:13 EDT
Listers:

As always, I appreciate your detailed and enthusiastic responses to my
questions!  To summarize them, the vast majority said that their TR6s are
reasonably reliable and spend most of their time on the road, not in the  shop.

However, there was a second component to the responses that was just  as
consistent:  Virtually all of the responders noted that they did most or  all
of their
mechanical work themselves.  That probably relates to the  nature of the people
who participate in this forum, which centers on mechanical  issues (which I
enjoy reading a great deal, by the way).  It also points to  the fact, though,
that depending on a mechanic may be a recipe for excessive  expense/downtime.
So, it sounds like I will need to get the car back in  good operating
condition, drive it a while, and see how much work is needed in  the future and
how
much I want/need to do myself.

Modern cars will always be out there for me, but a special TR6 is just  that
(at least for now)...

Michael
'76 Tahiti blue
CF 57044U