TR6 Suspension Rebuild - Upper Wishbone Problem?

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Suspension Rebuild - Upper Wishbone Problem?
From: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:30:19 -0800
Finally, I have the left side suspension rebuilt and installed (less the shock
absorber).  New poly bushings, new ball joint, POR 15'd parts and frame.  Now,
I don't know if the upper wishbone is in correctly.  I have the one with the
deepest curve to the front.  Is this correct?  It seems to be from what I can
see in the Bentley book.  This gives the vertical link somewhat of a back
lean.  Yet, the other side, which I have not dismantled, has the one with the
deepest curve to the rear.  That vertical link moves quite freely.  Maybe that
is due to wear.  The rebuilt one, can only be rotated with a lot of effort,
unless a jack under the spring compresses the spring somewhat.  Then it moves
easier - but still is stiff.  Is that the way a new unit should be?  The new
ball joints do not have grease fittings.  Hopefully, this means that they are
pre greased.

I saw comments about getting the suspension parts in correctly some time back,
but I cannot find them now.  So, I would very much appreciate any help in
getting this sorted out.  Thanks.

Andy
TR6
Renton, WA