Rust in Trailing Arm Brackets

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust in Trailing Arm Brackets
From: "John North" <jnorth@novagate.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:28:00 -0400
Rebushing the rear suspension.   When I removed the inner bracket from the
trailing arm, I got a bunch of rust falling out of the lower hole in the
frame.   Looks like there are stiffeners in the frame to keep it from
collapsing when the bracket bolts are tightened.   Looking in the bottom
hole, the lower part of the stiffener seems intact, the upper is missing,
presumably in the small pile of rust on the garage floor.   It looks like I
will be OK to tighten this up without collapsing the frame, but any
suggestions for preventive or enhancement measures while I got this apart?

Any help appreciated

John North